We use FrontBase for an application that does mostly large, complex queries
(aggregating data, etc).  A few things about FrontBase have bothered me and
made me consider switching to Postgres:

- The database process crashes sometimes due to various queries that it
doesn't like
- Left join performance is bad
- Legacy left join syntax can return incorrect results
- OR performance is bad
- Multi-column indexes only allow a range of values for the last column of
the index - resulting in bad performance
- Adding columns to large tables can take hours and makes the DB
unresponsive

So I would say that FrontBase is great for applications that do simple, fast
queries, but maybe not if your needs are more demanding.

John