On Nov 11, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

After I made all the classes part of a package, everything was fine, apart from the fact that they were 5.4-ish, and I want 5.3. So I went to the second EOGenerator solution,
You can use JavaEOGenerator to produce 5.3 classes -- you just need to modify the templates to not use 5.4 features.

I tried that, but there are some strange things: if there is no class definition, eg it is just EOGenericRecord, it will create a class EOGenericRecord, and _EOGenericRecord, or com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOGenericRecord, depending on how the thing is defined in the EOModel.
I don't ever use EOGenericRecord classes,

"I never use"  :-)

And huh?  You never what?  You generate classes for those things?

but I thought that if you wanted this, that you should leave the class names blank in the entity definition.

You need to specify it as EOGenericRecord for EOF.

Chuck

Also, it seems that there are some strange things going on with n:m relations.

For instance, I have an n:m relation between product and review, so there is a connection table reviewproduct, with a class RevIewProduct.

Now I get an error in Product in this statement:

EOQualifier inverseQualifier = new EOKeyValueQualifier (nl.immix.ReviewProduct.PRODUCT_KEY, EOQualifier.QualifierOperatorEqual, this);

with the error:
        nl.immix.ReviewProduct.PRODUCT_KEY cannot be resolved

which i scompletely logical as there is nno PRODUCT_KEY in the ReviewProduct class.
Not sure I follow ... If you are expecting to be able to access ReviewProduct.product(), you will need to make a class relationship named "product" on your join class. You can't qualify on a non- class relationship. If it was a class relationship, then the templates would produce a PRODUCT_KEY for you.

ms

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.