The option for Servlet Deployment ONLY works if you are using the most recent build.xml files (i.e. it will not work on your older projects). There's an obnoxious dance that happens between your build.xml and WOLips UI for certain build controls. I'm assuming you're using an older build.xml file. You can tell by searching your build.xml for "servletDeployment". If it doesn't appear, you're using an older build.xml.

TargetBuilder has been there for a very long time ... I don't use JavaClient, so I can't tell you how well it works (or even exactly how to use it), but it somehow allows you to build both server and client versions of your WO app in WOLips. I don't believe anyone actually manages the code that corresponds to this, so it's probably pretty dated. Somewhere on google I found a document that talked about using it, but I can't seem to find it now.

ms