Pierre,

I think this is one of the clearest explanations of the EOEditingContext I've seen. That used to trip me up a lot when first learning WO. I used the session's defaulting editing context for all kinds of stuff. I just thought that was the right way by reading the documentation on EOF. It wasn't until later that I discovered all the problems that created.

I agree use the default editing context sparingly, and then only to read not write. Even then only use it to store data that really doesn't change much.

Thanks for this, not necessarily for my sake, but for others that may fall into this not-so-obvious trap.