Hi!

Back in the day of WO 4.5 to WO 5.1, I worked on a project where we relied on EOF's capability to order database operations. Actually we even extended the mechanism using a database context delegate to apply further sorting to already sorted operations.

On more recent projects, I always set contraints to be deferrable and was thus not bothered by problems of operation ordering.

Today, I get a call from a former colleague who wants a new project to be set up like past common project: non deferrable constraints. It turns out that on WO 5.2 this doesn't seem to work as expected. The database complains as the operations are not correctly ordered.

Did WO 5.2 break operation ordering? Has it become optional?

(I have not seen the EOModel in question. I wonder if it has circular references which may prevent proper ordering.)

Show of hands: who uses deferrable constraints, who relies on operation ordering?

Pierre

- - -
Houdah Software s. à r. l.
http://www.houdah.com