Monitoring Thread:
  [1] java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0 (native method)
[2] java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite (SocketOutputStream.java:92)
  [3] java.net.SocketOutputStream.write (SocketOutputStream.java:136)
[4] java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer (BufferedOutputStream.java:65) [5] java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush (BufferedOutputStream.java: 123)
  [6] com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send (MysqlIO.java:3,119)
  [7] com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand (MysqlIO.java:1,818)
  [8] com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect (MysqlIO.java:1,961)
  [9] com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL (ConnectionImpl.java:2,543)
[10] com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal (PreparedStatement.java:1,737) [11] com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute (PreparedStatement.java:998) [12] com .webobjects .jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._bindInputVariablesWithBindingsAndExecute (JDBCChannel.java:265)

If you dump threads multiple times, does this ever go away? If it doesn't, it says to me that you have a hung database connection or a very expensive db operation that is not returning. This is a legitimate lock on your object store and will block all other db operations on your object store coordinator. You can switch to pooling if this is actually behaving correctly, but i suspect it's not and you should solve this problem before introducing others.

ms