In the case that the delay is caused by the connection to the database, would the instance lock waiting on the response? Isn't the EOF stack essentially single threaded anyway?

I'm guessing that even using a WOLongResponse page would not fix this problem. Would that be correct? Same would go for concurrent request handling right?