Can the following behaviour be explained please.

We have an attribute defined in our model as:

        Name - endDate
        Column - END_DATE
        External Type - timestamp
        Allows Null - unchecked
        Data Type - Timestamp - NS Timestamp T

When I generate SQL this attribute gets the following SQL generated:

        `END_DATE` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on
update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

While I can understand the "default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" why does it add
the "on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP"?  Can this behaviour be switched off?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Thompson

Senior Developer/Architect

Run The Red

www.runthered.com <http://www.runthered.com/>

E:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

M:  + 64 21 241 3266  /  + 64 27 441 3255

DDI:  + 64 4 801 2806

P: +64 4 384 6880  F: +64 4 384 6875

Skype: peterwgtnnz

PO Box 11-703,