Hi,

I'm not entirely sure the problem is related to locking the editing context.
This exception can be produced by objects, which are disconnected from
their editing context but keep hovering about.

Could it be your application holds onto an object, which has been deleted
(in the EO sense), but some component maintains a reference? Or created
one without inserting it into an editing context in the first place?

J.L.Simon