Hello,

From the WO API docs: "For extra efficiency, you can create stateless components: components that can be shared between sessions. Stateless components aren't replicated each time they're needed; rather, a single shared instance is referenced each time the component is used."

But logging calls to my stateless component constructor (subclass of ERXStatelessComponent), I see that's it's being called for every request and that new instances are created for each request.

Maybe worth noting is the fact that the component is instantiated by a direct action (hence there are no sessions).

I basically replicated what David showed in his lastest screencast re: the first hit to the app being a default action instead of a component action.

I would have thought that that "shared instance" business means it's created once and reused all along?

Could someone please be kind enough to enlighten me as to what's happening?

TIA

= tmk =