Am 04.04.2008 um 16:00 schrieb Francis Labrie:
Appears that when like qualifiers are evaluated in-memory they support a simplified regex syntax ... ?, *, and [A-Z] style ...
Okay, thanks guys. I'll just regex-replace any non-alphanumeric chars for a '?'

By the way, is there a way to escape "*" and "?" (and now ".[]" ones as I can see) characters with like operators to make EOF search specifically for these characters? For example, in "sentence like '*\?'", if "\" was used to escape the question mark character, the qualifier would search for interrogative sentences.

If it would be a regular regex, you could use java.util.regex.Pattern.quote(String s).

Don't know if that can help for this "simplified regex" syntax.

Timo