I'm not sure I'd call it a "bug" as Chuck's original code does the Right ThingĀ® in 99.9% of the situations you'd use it. But, being the PITA that I am, I've come up with a situation where even though the his code can't verify that what I'm doing is safe from a referential- integrity perspective, I know it will be safe due to my specific business-logic rules.

So, if by saying he gave me a patch for the bug, he means he told me which safety to disable, I guess that would be about right. :-)

Dave