Hi all,

This is more of a Java question than a WO-specific one

I have an Inheritance structure in my app:

Part (abstract Superclass)
RawMaterial (subclass of Part)
ManufacturedPart (subclass of Part)

I have an NSArray of Parts that could be, RawMaterial instances, ManufacturedPart instances, or most likely, a mixture of the two.

I want to iterate through the Array and get the contents of the Part.billsOfMaterial() (toMany) relationship. The problem is that while ManufacturedParts have this relationship, RawMaterials do not.

Right now, I'm using a try-catch block that catches the exception on RawMaterial.billsOfMaterial() and just ignores it.

I could also add a billsOfMaterial() method to the RawMaterial class that simply returns NSArray.emptyArray.

Is one way better than the other for any reason?

Thanks,

Dave