On 18/04/2008, at 1:45 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

Apparently MS SQL Server does not like the value NSTimestamp.DistantFuture tries to send to the database.

After capturing the exact SQL and trying it out using Aqua Data Studio, I get the following error: "Syntax error converting datetime from character string."

The value it is trying to use is: '292278994-08-17 02:12:55'

MS SQL doesn't like anything more than a 4-digit year.

Don't tell me we learnt nothing from the y2k bug... and it's now a y10k bug ;-)

I suppose I could just not use NSTimestamp.DistantFuture, and pass a date like '9999-12-31 23:59:59' or something. Any better suggestions for a work-around?

Perhaps you could override your setters (via velocity) to call some transformFunction that'll round down a few years for mysql?

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck