On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Owen McKerrow wrote:

Sorry all, I should have specified that further. Has anyone seen it whilst using MultiECLockManager ?

No, but you must use MultiECLockManager correctly. Are you invoking MultiECLockManager.unlock() in Session.sleep() before any statement that might throw an exception that would result in MultiECLockManager.unlock() not being invoked?

I let MultiECLockManager handle the locking/unlocking of all editing contexts that aren't WOSession's defaultEditingContext() and that aren't stored in a local variable (i.e., the scope editing context is limited to the method in which it is created). I lock/unlock local editing contexts myself ensuring that they're unlocked:

EOEditingContext ec = new EOEditingContext();
ec.lock();
try {
        // Do stuff
}
finally {
        ec.unlock();
}

        This approach hasn't resulted in any illegal lock usage exceptions.

Aloha,
Art