Hello;

I ran into an issue on a deployed application. IIS has a tool called URLScan, which refuses URLs that could exploit security flaws in IIS server. I have a tomcat 5 instance running a Web Objects 5.4.2 application, connecting to IIS using the JK connector. When running the application, any page that had a paginated worepetition and WODisplayGroup, if a user clicked the next button which called displayNextBatch they would get a 404 error message.

After a few hours I started checking the URLs both running directly from tomcat and IIS. The URLs were identical, but then I had a a thought that maybe URLScan was blocking the request.

Turns out this was right on the money. Some URLs generated by WebObjects have periods in them. URLScan, by default, is configured to refuse URLs that contain periods.

To fix this problem: Edit %WINDIR%\system32\inetsrv\urlscan \urlscan.ini Modify the option AllowDotInPath and set it equal to 1. Then goto the [AllowExtensions] and add .woa and .wo to the end of the listing. Save the file and restart the IIS services.

Thanks,

Don