Heyya,

This is slightly off-topic, but I figure fellow WO developers might have input: I'm rewriting the store functionality of ThoughtConduit and need to decide on a more refined version of my EOModel. In particular, I want Products to be able to handle things such as size and color (for t-shirts for example). I'm trying to decide how to approach that. I could subclass Product for each size and color, but that seems wasteful since only some products are shirts. Other types of products may or may not have qualifiers such as size or color.... but they may need other types of qualifiers. Alternately, I could let each group (it's a multigroup system) enter in a list of subtypes and use relationships on ProductItems to denote whichever. sigh. It's one of those things where it's best to get the model right before proceeding. So, I'm racking my brain. Maybe it's time to take a data modeling class :)

any thoughts?

Jaime Magiera

Sensory Research
http://www.sensoryresearch.net