How will it work for Wonder's "Partial" Entities that are part of a Vertical Inheritance structure on a full moon with Pluto in the third house?

On May 8, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

On May 8, 2008, at 7:14 AM, Florijan Stamenkovic wrote:

Besides the question below, I came up with another scenario today... While it is true that performance should not be an issue with the records in the inheritance tree, what about relationships? I will have potentially thousands of records that have two mandatory relationships to the leaf nodes, but defined in the model as relationships to the root of the inheritance.... Those relationships will be used heavily, and I will need to pre-fetch them. So, when that happens, what is going on in the database, when using horizontal inheritance? There is an FK in the table I am fetching on, but that FK might resolve to a PK in any of the inheritance tables, no? Sounds kind of expensive... Or is there something magical going on?

For Horizontal, it will issue one select for each leaf entity (IIRC). Single table is much more efficient in this scenario.