On 8-May-08, at 4:58 PM, Randy Wigginton wrote:

I'm trying to actively use project wonder. Despite having used WebObjects for several projects, this is laborious.

It's as big as WebObjects, don't expect to understand or use it all at once. The usual advice is to pick something that you think will be useful and go from there. Examples off the top of my head would be ERJavamail, ERAttachment, ERMigrations.

I've tried to follow the quickstart documentation at wikibooks, but there are a lot of places I'm left scratching my head. For example, the documentation on how to produce javadocs is simply wrong; there is no target "doc" in the build file.

These sound like outdated instructions. You shouldn't have to build to get javadocs if you download the source from mdimension.

David Teran recommends studying the javadocs. However, the only javadocs I've found appear to be outdated. The link http:// webobjects.mdimension.com/wonder/api does not work once you try to click on a class doc (The requested URL /wonder/api/er/ajax/ AjaxGMarker.html was not found on this server.)

This isn't normal. It should be corrected soon I would guess. In the meantime, you can download the source and get the documentation that way.

I downloaded the source the other day and the docs are located at: Wonder/dist/wonder-4.0.0.650/Documentation/api/

Also, attempting to build the AjaxExample project, I have it working, but in Eclipse I show tons of errors on the Component folder -- the usual error is "In the WOD, the class for 'AjaxAutoComplete' is either missing or does not extend WOElement.

I have found the same thing. If it works, don't worry about it!

What am I doing wrong? I've got the AjaxExamples running, but without docs, as well as some kind of overall description of the project, I'm lost. (What is ERCoreBusinessLogic? Why would I use it?)

There isn't really an overall description. That is provided to a large extent in the javadocs. Especially for new frameworks added recently such as ERAtttachment or ERMigration, the package- summary.html files give excellent overviews.

Wonder/dist/wonder-4.0.0.650/Documentation/api/er/attachment/package- summary.html Wonder/dist/wonder-4.0.0.650/Documentation/api/er/extensions/ migration/package-summary.html

Sign up for the Wonder mailing list

and go back over the archives. I guarantee you that your questions have been answered in there.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=wonder-disc

Don't lose hope!

David