Yes this version of build.xml seems to work very well. So the only thing left to do when deploying with Tomcat is to add these lines to the end of the build.woapp target:

<!-- fix the web.xml file to use a custom Servlet Adaptor that allows for Project Wonder initialization -->

<replaceregexp file="${dest.dir}/${project.name}/WEB-INF/web.xml" match="com.webobjects.jspservlet.WOServletAdaptor" replace="er.extensions.jspservlet.ERXServletAdaptor" byline="true" />

That is, if you use Wonder...

Thanks for the help.

/Fredrik