Not "UTF8", it defaults to "UTF-8". Note the hyphen, they are not the same.

Dave

On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Kenny Leung wrote:

Hi All.

I've bumped into an incompatibility between WebObjects 5.3 and 5.4. In 5.3, I could submit a form value with non-ASCII characters, and their encoding would be correctly interpreted. In 5.4, the encoding is misinterpreted.

I printed out the actual request contents, and, for instance e-acute is sent as %E9, which as far as I know is correct ISO8859 encoding. I read in the release notes that WO 5.4 now defaults to UTF8 encoding, so I tried to change the request's defaultFormValueEncoding to ISO8859_1. Then it got interpreted as a literal %E9!

Can anybody shed some light on this? I have searched the lists and the Google, and have come up empty.

Thanks!

-Kenny