Is it possible to put components into a subdirectory of Components

It seems to work with running it from eclipse, but when I deploy the wo application (on webobjects 5.4.2) it does not seem to find the files in the subdirectories
I do this all the time. In deployment, they should end up flattened (the default build.xml does this).

Ah for some reason or another, the components do not end up flattened, the directories are
still there in the Components folder with all the components.

Is this an option that needs to be set, or could my build.xml be too old?
If you're not using FBL, then your build.xml is probably too old. If you have to ask "is my build.xml too old," the answer is probably "yes."

ms