Speaking of using the SAX parser (and other XML apis), is there a good reason WebObjects contains a bunch of 3rd party libraries in the java- xml .jar? Couldn't these just be expressed as dependencies in the Maven project?

Including specific versions of these libraries in one of the WO libraries means that they can potentially conflict with later versions we might want to use in our applications and we can't easily provide more recent versions.

Cheers,

Jake