On 21/06/2008, at 5:14 AM, Art Isbell wrote:

On Jun 20, 2008, at 6:41 AM, James Cicenia wrote:

I decided to go non-direct as maybe that was causing my problems but now it doesn't look as though apache
is seeing my webobjects adaptor include statement?

I saw this useful wiki:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:WebObjects/Development_Tools/Running_Through_Apache

but there was nothing about the adaptor in there.

That article applies to Apache 1 which is used pre-Leopard. The Leopard default is Apache 2. Its config files are in /etc/apache2. If you haven't done so, you need to modify /etc/apache2/httpd.conf. Append the following:

Include /System/Library/WebObjects/Adaptors/Apache2.2/apache.conf

You also need to modify the default "Directory" config:

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
</Directory>

It's been a while since I configured Apache 2 to work with WO on Leopard, so if I've forgotten something, please speak up.

Safer option is:
<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None