Hi Tonny

Thanks for the input.  I am a WebObjects newbie coming from J2EE environments,
still trying to "merge" my existing J2EE knowledge with my limited WO
knowledge.  One of the advantages of the JNDI data source I am keen to leverage
is that the JNDI connection can be setup on various environments (DEV, TEST,
PROD) and there will not be a need for property files with the JDBC connection
properties.

So does that mean that WO, more specifically EOF, makes a single connection to
a database via JDBC and then just queues requests (I guess mostly
deletions/updates/non-cached requests) using its own internal pooling mechanism?

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter Newnam