On 24/11/2008, at 11:19 AM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

On 23.11.2008, at 16:42, Lachlan Deck wrote:

On 24/11/2008, at 8:30 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

It looks like our locking problems went away (crossing fingers) after explicitly setting it to false. But man I can't figure out for the life of me why it would default to true...
it defaults to true for backwards compatibility
I'm curious to know why the sec causes a lock up for this.
I have no idea ... But I dodge SEC-related bugs. This one is for someone who uses SEC to track down.

Yeah, yeah, ... I'll have to be more creative when asking those questions ;-)

The proper way would have been: "There is no way the ERXJGroupsSynchronizer can work with the shared editing context. Not even Mike can do it!" ;-)

No, no ... when it comes to the sec, I've learned, even the chant "it can't be done" won't snag that shraggy fish. I mean /really/ creative ;-)

cug, not using the sec either because of deadlock issues years ago (burned child)

There's hope yet :-)

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck