Hello all.
Well I want to insert a EObject into the database, I found that the objectMatchingKeyAndValue will return me the object with the given parameters, and if not found will throw and EOObjectNotAvailableException. Now, I need to insert the new objects, but I need to be sure that they don't exist in the database, the entity has a attribute called code, which is not the primary key, so I was thinking in using the following.

try{
Product p = (Product )EOUtilities .objectMatchingKeyAndValue (editingContext(),"Product",Product.CODE_KEY, code);
}catch (EOObjectNotAvailableException e){

  //insert the new object into the EC, and save it

}

the problem i see, is that if the object in fact exists, I must alert the user that this particular product exist already, so Im feeling doing the things in the wrong way, I was thinking in putting a throw exception before the catch and with that alert the user... but i dunno i feel kinda weird doing this...

Suggestions??

Thanks

Gus