OK, you can download WOJCKit here:

http://web.mac.com/flor385/eSwamp/software/files/WOJCKit.zip

It's a WOLips project. Eclipse 3.4.1, appropriate stable WOLips (update say a month ago or something).

Note: this project contains both server and client side classes. Both are well documented in code, be sure to read that, as there is no other documentation for the project at the moment.

Also, there is client / server separation, package based. What I do is add source filters in my server / client projects to ensure I don't accidentally use any inappropriate classes. I suggest you do the same.

And finally, for the ping functionality, look into:

org.wojc.client.RemoteMethodInvoker#startPing(int, boolean)

I tried it out, it seems to work just fine. I did not try the stopPing(...) functionality yet, but it's quite conservative, so I believe it will just work.

Let me know how it goes,