On Apr 20, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Tonny Staunsbrink wrote:

Great, thanks for the very insightful replies, this info should definitely go into the wicki (David are you gonna let us know when it's there ;-) ).

Ahg. I knew there was something on my todo list not getting done!

Dave

So load balancing i feasible, but it looks like I'll run into a few issues before it's working. I'll try and find
the time to tackle these issues. Let's see how it goes.

Again, Great responses - thanks :-)

Cheers
Tonny

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Dov Rosenberg <drosenb...@inquira.com> wrote: The configuration of the JK adaptor is pretty well documented. Attached is an image that shows the general layout. The key is to set the jvmRoute in the server.xml. Each Tomcat instance has a different jvmRoute. Those routes are added to the workers.properties file.

Server.xml
<!-- You should set jvmRoute to support load-balancing via AJP ie : --> <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="worker1">

I have a document that has more details I can post.

When you deploy multiple WO apps that share frameworks it is better to deploy each WAR with the full compliment of stuff with each WAR. For example our 3 apps share 3 frameworks: MyFoundation.framework, MyModel.framework, MyComponents.framework. Each WAR file contains its own copy like the following:

MyApp1.war
    WEB-INF
        Library
            Frameworks
                MyFoundation.framework
                MyModel.framework
                MyComponents.framework

MyApp2.war
    WEB-INF
        Library
            Frameworks
                MyFoundation.framework
                MyModel.framework
                MyComponents.framework

The Tomcat manager application can still be used, but the java service wrapper will auto restart if the app falls over, captures the System.out, System.err, etc. Tomcat Manager still shows the stats of the Tomcat container, java service wrapper is used to launch and keep the apps running.

To turn off session persistance in Tomcat you need to uncomment an entry in the $TOMCAT/conf/content.xml. That stops Tomcat from trying to persist the sessions.

Dov