We recently upgraded to ojdbc5.jar for 11i, we are still running 9i on the
server. The upgrade was to workaround an error that the old drivers were
causing when binding to varchars with multi-byte characters.

Since then we have occasionally been experiencing errors like these two:

OALL8 is in an inconsistent stateat
oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:131)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:197)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:261)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:269)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:490)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.marshal(T4C8Oall.java:474) at

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) Caused by: Protocol violationat
oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
at

Now we are rushing an upgrade of the server to 11i :-/

--
James

http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/jbrook%40upcbroadband.co>