On May 21, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Andrew Satori wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

On May 21, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Andrew Satori wrote:

Alright, so I am not an 'old school' WO dev. I have used it for a few years now for several projects and overall I really like the platform. That said, I am so frustrated by the tools right now, I am about to throw the whole platform in the trash bin.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, I was managing, though not terribly thrilled with the WOLips/Eclipse toolchain. Then my old laptop lost a hard disk. So I replaced it with a new MacBook Pro (great machine btw). Installed Xcode and WO. Downloaded Eclipse, ran WOLips install (both the all in one and the get updates route), opened current projects, none of them will build. None of the WO Library jar's and frameworks can be found.

You could have asked then. This bug is well known and easy to address. Using a more current (e.g. Nightly) build of WOLips should also address this.

2 nights of Googling and poking and prodding, I finally have the projects building (yay!), but now, no debugging. It just doesn't work. It pretends it is going to work, but no, it just sits there waiting and then eventually comes back with: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/webobjects/ eocontrol/EOEvent".

You don't say what you did to fix this. Perhaps you made a small problem worse?

I used a nightly build, and then manually added the WebObjects Library References to the project that were no longer there.

The file that Joe Little sent is what was missing.

Based upon my Googling, I had concluded the same thing. That's why I went to the nightly. It did build that file, and that at least allowed the References dialog to find the jar's in the WO Library. At that point, I can compile, and get a jar. I can move that Jar to a WO server, and it works.

I cannot however debug locally.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Come to WOWODC'09 in San Fran this June!
http://www.wocommunity.org/wowodc09/