Hi Tim,

On Jun 18, 2009, at 6:12 PM, Tim Worman wrote:

All:

I have some fetches that are not respecting the restricting qualifiers in my model for a simple inheritance structure. I'm using WO 5.4.3. This what I have:

Job >> Approver > Employee

I have subclassed Approver into PrimaryApprover and DelegateApprover with the following restricting qualifiers. I am using single table inheritance and applying a qualifier on the attribute 'foo.'

PrimaryApprover  - foo=1
DelegateApprover - foo>1

So, there also is:

Job.primaryapprovers()
Job.delegateapprovers()

Here's where I'm seeing trouble. I have a qualifier set to fetch Job entities and it is defined like so:

EOKeyValueQualifier ("primaryapprovers.employee",EOQualifier.QualifierOperatorEqual, someEmployee)

Whenever I perform a fetch against the Job entity with the above qualifier it appears to fetch against the Approver without any restricting qualifier (foo>1) being part of the fetch. When I log out the sql there is no mention in it of the foo attribute. I can group two qualifiers and use an EOAndQualifier and that works, like so:

EOKeyValueQualifier ("approvers.employee",EOQualifier.QualifierOperatorEqual, someEmployee) EOKeyValueQualifier ("approvers.foo",EOQualifier.QualifierOperatorEqual, new Integer(1))

But then I'm not leveraging the incredible work I've done to use inheritance. :-) Does anyone have any idears why I am seeing this problem?

Thanks for the help,

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS

Is Approver marked as Abstract in the model? How is the primaryapprovers relationship modeled?

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.