A couple questions about this one. Do you set the ownership of /etc/ WebObjects to the appserver user?
you want it readable, but not writable, by whatever user you launch your app as

And for YourAppName how is the app name polled? I ask because in deployment my app is named "myapplication" but the actual woa is "myApplication.woa." I would think it would use the former?
iirc, it uses application.name(), which should correspond to whatever you name your app, not what you name the app folder.

And I'm assuming these properties wouldoverride all like entries in the app/framework Propertieses? :-)
yep

ms