Hi folks,

A while back (couple years now?), we had a discussion about implementing Product options in a shopping cart -- as opposed to subclassing to more specific product object types. I've finally got a moment to implement this in my project, but am having a slight difficulty in conceptualizing in how I want to do this in WO. As it stands, my model is as follows: Product has ProductOptions (color, size,etc.) each of which have ProductOptionItems ("black", "white", "Small", "Large", etc.). When a Product is selected in from the Catalog, the user is taken to a page to enter the quantity and configure options of a ProductSale. Each selected ProductOptionItem should be added to the ProductSale with a many-to-many. My concern is how to implement the interface to properly achieve this. Right now, the ProductSale configuration page has an iteration of each per- product option and a popup of the related option items. How could I arrange these pieces so that the selection of the popup item adds it to the respective many-to-many? As a side note, I'm a little concerned about the circularity of my data model, but that's not really WO related.

any thoughts?

thanks,

Jaime

Product <-> ProductOptions <-> ProductOptionItems
        |                                                       |
        |                                       ProductOptionItemSale
(Many-to-Many)

<WEBOBJECT NAME="ProductOptionRepetition">
                        <WEBOBJECT NAME="ProductOptionName"/> :
                        <WEBOBJECT NAME="ProductOptionItemPopup"/><br/>
</WEBOBJECT>

Jaime Magiera

Sensory Research, Inc.
http://www.sensoryresearch.net