On Jul 13, 2009, at 5:49 PM, J Stephanos wrote:

I am using a WOSwitchComponent to select the relevant component to be displayed via hyperlinks. componentName is a method that returns the component name.

<wo:WOSwitchComponent WOComponentName = "$componentName" />

On clicking the link for the first time, everything works great. Any subsequent clicks shows some odd behaviour - the componentName method starts getting called twice - why is that?

Ask it to tell you.  Add this line:

NSLog.out.appendln(new RuntimeException());

This results in the component being displayed twice (as seen from the logs).

But not on the page?

If I understand your description, this is normal. One call is from the invokeAction phase and one from appendToReponse. If you have a form, you will see a third call during takeValues. The bindings are synchronized during each phase.

Chuck

Parent Component

   [x]Hyperlink1   HyperLink 2

  |    sub component 1                                  |

Any ideas/suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Using WO 5.4.3 + Wonder.

--JSt

This email sent to ch...@global-village.net

--
Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Learn WO at WOWODC'09 East in Montréal this August!
http://www.wocommunity.org/wowodc09/east

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/07/webobjects-sliced-from-106but-prognosis-of-death-premature.ars