On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net>wrote:

> Hi Susanne,
>

> On Jul 29, 2009, at 2:49 AM, Susanne Schneider wrote:
>
>  Hi Chuck,
>>
>> first thank you very much for your patience with such a latecomer like me!
>> Chuck Hill schrieb:

>>> Yes, you need to update the build files.  The easiest is to create a new
>>> project and move the build.xml file over.  This will NOT be compatible with
>>> older versions of WOLips (pre-New Hotness).   Look in the woapplication task
>>> for a section like:
>>>           <frameworks root="C:/Apple" ...
>>> It should be  more like
>>>           <frameworks root="System"
>>>                       embed="${your.property.here}"
>>>                       eclipse="true" />
>>>

>> OK, for starting from scratch and learning I make a fresh new TestApp and
>> tried to build that. At first try the ant build needs a new
>> "wolips.properties" which I created.
>>

> That should get created automatically.  There might be a problem with this
> on Windows.

Yes it has a problem automatically creating in windows. (I felt the pain
before) not sure if its still the case with the latest versions. Here's my
wolips.properties file for reference. It should be located in C:\Documents
and Settings\{user}\Library\Application Support\WOLips folder.

wo.system.root=F\:/Apple
wo.system.frameworks=F\:/Apple/Library/Frameworks
wo.bootstrapjar=F\:/Apple/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/WOBootstrap.jar
wo.extensions=F\:/Apple/Local/Library/WebObjects/Extensions
wo.user.root=F\:/Amiel
wo.local.frameworks=F\:/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks
wo.apps.root=F\:/Apple/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications
wo.local.root=F\:/Apple/Local

And yes the "\" after the drive letter is needed in windos. Maybe Chuck can
enlighten me why that is. ;)

--
socket error: unable to connect to 127.0.0.1