On Sep 22, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Gordon Belray wrote:

Hey,

we're having trouble writing to nfs mounts from within WebObjects. Even if we change ownership to appserver, it isn't writing.

drwxrwxrwx     9 _appserver  100           4096 Sep 21 15:15 media
drwxrwxrwx 2 _appserver 100 4096 Sep 21 19:18 mediaupload

This has worked in the past for me, but in this case, the mounts are also mapped to different drives (our system admin did the setup).

Any ideas?

Do you get an exception?

Are the GID and UID numbers the same on both machines for this group / user?

Are the mounted drives on OS X?  On the same version of OS X?

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.