WO'ers:

I am writing an application where users can upload pdf files - which my app saves to the database. I also need to have mechanisms in place where a "reviewer" can browse the documents that have been uploaded. The upload and saving to the database seems to be working. This is modeled as 'blob' and the class type is 'NSData.' The files are uploaded via AjaxFileUpload.

I have saved plain text files to the database before but I'm concerned that there is something more I need to do to save the pdf files. Are there special considerations for maintaining the mime type, continuity, etc. of these files before I save them as NSData to the database? Also, I am not sure how to present the files to the reviewer. I have converted text to pdf for viewing before but I'm stuck on reconstituting a pdf for display.

If anyone has any pointers or code examples that would really help me as I'm under a serious time crunch.

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS