On 24/09/2009, at 12:02 AM, Jarda Hanuš wrote:

we are developping a web service frontend to a wo application and we try to implement some security/authentication controls in it. However, when we try to access the SOAPEnvelope part of the ws message, we obtain this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Envelope1_1Impl cannot be cast to java.lang.String
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsString(SOAPPart.java:554)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:688)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)

What jars have you included?

From some googling it seems that this exception can be caused by combination of Axis 1.4 and Java 1.6 - the default version of Java on Snow Leopard.

So my questions are:
- has anybody any experiences with using WebObjects WebServices with Java 1.6?

Yes. (Though we deploy on FreeBSD, but that should be irrelevant)

- did someone succeed in hacking some newer version of axis (Axis2) to work with WO 5.4.3?

Didn't try. Still using axis 1.4 with relevant dependencies...
http://mavenrepository.com/artifact/axis/axis/1.4

- should we try and hack our way ugly through, or is there some hope in a new WO release that will make it's WS capabilities compatible with Java 1.6?

What if you target your compile for that particular framework for 1.5?

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck