Threads with "state = BLOCKED" are indicating that they have been
suspended (Object.wait). It's not a deadlock or something. If required,
they will be resumed and suspended again as soon as their work is done.
But they will not be terminated until the application is going to
terminate.

You can use the code below in order to approve that the threads will be
terminated properly if the application is going to terminate:

  class WorkerThreadObserver extends Thread {
    public WorkerThreadObserver() {
      this.start();
    }
    public void run() {
      while ( !application().isTerminating() ) {
        try {
          sleep(100);
        }
        catch(Exception e) {}
      }
      while ( workerThreadCount().intValue() >
workerThreadCountMin().intValue() ) {
        try {
          sleep(100);
        }
        catch(Exception e) {}
      }
      System.out.println("Worker Thread Count (should be
WOWorkerThreadCountMin now) = " + workerThreadCount());
    }
  }

Usage:

new WorkerThreadObserver(); // e.g. in the applications constructor

>>> Kristof Cossement <kristof.cossem...@nss.be> schrieb am Donnerstag,
15. Oktober
2009 um 10:38 in Nachricht
<7d25e3e8-e3a6-49a6-8116-1535a3c1b...@nss.be>:
> I included the stack from jstack:
>
> they all look like :
>
> Thread t...@78339: (state = BLOCKED)
>   - java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(java.net.SocketImpl) @bci=0,
> line=382 (Interpreted frame)
>   - java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(java.net.Socket) @bci=50,
> line=450 (Interpreted frame)
>   - java.net.ServerSocket.accept() @bci=48, line=421 (Interpreted
frame)
>   - com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.run() @bci=26,

> line=210 (Compiled frame)
>   - java.lang.Thread.run() @bci=11, line=613 (Interpreted frame)
>

> Looking for Web-to-Print Solutions?
> Visit our website :   http://www.vit2print.com
>

> This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by
the
> addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
> confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual

> property rights.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review,
> dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or
transmission of
> this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it, is strictly
prohibited and
> may be unlawful.
> If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately
notify the
> sender and permanently delete the original as well as any copy of any
e-mail
> and any printout thereof.
> We may monitor e-mail to and from our network.
>
> NSS nv Tieltstraat 167 8740 Pittem Belgium

--- Disclaimer:
contents is for use only by the intended recipient. If you are not the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed, you are hereby formally
notified that any use, copying or distribution of this email and
attachments, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the
message and attachment(s) from your system. Any views, opinions or
information, expressed or contained in this email, are those of the
sender and not necessarily reflect those of CEDES. To help protect our
environment, please avoid printing out this information unnecessarily.