Okay. So, as determined I will just with adding a new field to set the order of
records inserted to DB.

Thanks again Chuck for your insight!!!

________________________________
From: Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net>
To: Shravan Kumar. M <mshravan_...@yahoo.com>
Cc: WO Dev Group <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Sun, November 1, 2009 9:34:31 AM
Subject: Re: how to insert records in database in the order of insertion to EC

On Oct 31, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Shravan Kumar. M wrote:

> Thanks so much for your quick response Chuck.
>
> We use Frontbase. I have no FK issue here. It's just that the objects should
> be inserted to DB in the order I have created and inserted into EC.
>
> Why EC saveChanges() operation just not save the objects in the order of
> insertion??? Isn't it simple? I believe EC maintains an array
> insertedObjects(), so it should just follow that array order, unless
> otherwise any constraints as you have mentioned!!! Just trying to understand
> the mystery behind the complexity :)

For what you want, it would not matter if it did.  The defined order of records
in an un-ordered Select (a select with no Order By clause) is indeterminate.
The database is free to change the order of such result sets to return the
result set in the shortest amount of time or any other reason it might have.

> If there's no built-in solution, then probably adding a "sortOrder" field to
> my table would fix this issue.

That is the ONLY solution you can depend on.

Chuck