Hello list!
I have an occasionally occurring problem which I can not reproduce but
regularly meet in usage logs.
Editing context fails to save changes and reports:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: rowDiffsForAttributes: snapshot in
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseOperation {_dbSnapshot = {}; ..... }
does not contain value for attribute named colorNoWeight with snapshot
key: colorNoWeight

it also happens for different objects mentioning another attributes,
but as I see a common situation is that _dbSnapshot value is empty
dictionary so no matter what attribute is mentioned. Why could this
happen?
Object in question was surely in database, not just created or deleted.

Also sometimes I get NullPointerException when accessing attributes
described as not null, so it seems like object was not initialized on
fetch.

May it be because these objects were fetched or created and saved in
child editing context and after that used (with
EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject() ) in parent ?

Once I got reproducible malfunction working with temporary EOEditingContext.
EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(ec, this) was returning an objects
with all attributes set to null whereas original object was fine and
was stored in database even before app launch.

                try {
                        boolean cache = ec.hasChanges()
                        if(cache) {
                                        ec = new EOEditingContext();
                                        ec.lock();
                                        AutoItog ai =
(AutoItog)EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(ec, this);
                                        course =
(EduCourse)EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(ec, course);
                                        result =
calculator().collectRelated(course, ai,

!namedFlags().flagForKey("runningTotal"),true);
                                } else {
                                        ec.lock();
                                        result =
calculator().collectRelated(course, this,

!namedFlags().flagForKey("runningTotal"),true);
                                }
                                ec.saveChanges();
                                if(cache)
                                        result =
EOUtilities.localInstancesOfObjects(editingContext(), result);
                        } catch (RuntimeException e) {
                                logger.log(LogLevel.WARNING,"Error collecting
related", new
Object[] {this,e});
                        } finally {
                                ec.unlock();