On Nov 10, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Kieran Kelleher wrote:

I think I know the answer, but I don't like the answer, so I am going to ask it anyway, in case there is some way for me to get a different answer than the one I don't like! ;-)

OK, I have a huge many-to-many relationship with a Join ERXGenericRecord with the usual flatten relationships and not really considered in my logic (except for some count methods)

        List <--A-->> JoinListRecipient <<--B--> Recipient

The B side of the join is usually very small, no more than 100 in that relationship.

The A side of the join is under 500 for 98% of List EOs, however the others can be up to 1 or 2 million.

Do I really have to write my EO logic to actively maintain JoinListRecipient EOs and get rid of the flattened relationships as shown here?

        List <--A-- JoinListRecipient <<--B--> Recipient

.... or is there some other answer that I might like?

Don't model list.recipients and fetch it when you need it. You should not need to make any other changes related to the Join ERXGenericRecord.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.