Hi,

Does the "owns destination" concept imply that the relationship is also
"mandatory" for the owned object?
If yes, is it enforced somehow if I don't turn on the mandatory flag in the
model?

I'm asking since I'm having issues with ERDEditOwnedRelationship (I posted a
message on the wonder list for that but didn't find someone to discuss it)...

I have something like the following:

Person >> Membership << Club

A person HAS to have at least one membership to a club. I'd go with:

Person owns membership
Club owns membership
Person.memberships is mandatory
Membership.person is mandatory

But this is conflicting with ERDEditOwnedRelationship that wants to postpone
relationship linking to the NextDelegate phase. This clashes with validation.
So my question is... if I drop the two mandatory concepts does the ownership
still imply they are needed and will anyone enforce it?

rdm

P.S.
Sorry if someone received a double posting. I messed up the headers by replying