For anyone who is getting an unexplained UnsupportedClassVersion error at startup -- unjar your WOBoostrap.jar and run file on the WOBoostrap.class. George Domurot and I just discovered that there is at least one WOBoostrap.jar floating around the intertubes that was built with 1.6 and has a 50.0 version number. Possibly this came from a Snow Leopard developer preview? This file comes from whatever machine performed your build and typically is found in /System/Library/ WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/WOBoostrap.jar (though the precise location is defined in your wolips.properties). I don't know how widespread that 1.6 build is, but if you've got it, this might save you a lot of insanity.

ms