I don't think I ever used MyISAM tables with a WO app. I have seen corrupted
data with InnoDB tables and WO usage though. For the rest, they might have been
MyISAM used from some PHP web crap, but the thing is: the SQL stored the thing
and some historic data gets corrupted. That was the issue we had. I can't
recall exactly enough to blame it completely on MySQL, but I stopped using it
and I had never ever again any issues with corrupt data (95% PostgreSQL, 5%
FrontBase usage).

FrontBase has the issue that you can easily kill the server with bad input.
This can't happen with PostgreSQL as you get your own backend for each
connection.

Between the three databases MySQL, PostgreSQL, and FrontBase, I've used
PostgreSQL the most and with the most success and least amount of trouble. I'd
love to see a multi master clustering solution for it though that actually
works and is not a piece of shit.

Guido

--
http://www.event-s.net