I don't use EOModel inheritance any more. It is a PITA. Not worth the hassle. Using Strategy design pattern to composite in different behaviours works better for me. Remember the OO Principle "Favor composition over inheritance" ... I now favor composition over inheritance ;-) BTW, for this setup the table is identical to a single-table inheritance table, except that the 'type' id field determines the lazily constructed strategy behaviour class for the EO. I will only ever use EOModel inheritance again, if (1) I am told to by a customer, or (2) Strategy design pattern behaviour composition simply does not make sense (so far it makes sense for every case I have looked at in last few years) YMMV ;-)

Regards, Kieran