Hello Don & Chuck;

> I use Oracle with WebObjects.  I have not seen this type of error.  What are
> you trying to do specifically?  Do you have any code?  Send me the datatype
> and field name.  How are you trying to manage the timezone.

We're setting the Oracle host to GMT+0 and the WO server's JVM to GMT+0 so it
should be "GMT+0 clean" right through.  The timestamp type we're using in the
model is "TIMESTAMP".  I wonder if using "TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE" type might
resolve the issue by not trying to do any timezone fiddling.

The timestamps are being transformed for the user in WOComponents using a
subclass of "java.text.Format" and all processing, web services and IO inside
the WebObjects application is all GMT+0 relative.

When faults fire in EOF, we seem to get the PL/SQL function
"get_tz_transitions" fired (which looks to be a performance constraint) and it
fails with that exception I posted.  This appears to go to stdout and yet the
fault is resolved OK from EOF's perspective.  I can only presume it is
something going on inside the Oracle JDBC driver rather than EOF.

> Check the data type of the relevant column in the JDBC2INFO.  It might have
> some definition that is causing Oracle to do this and a different data type
> (or value type!) might avoid this.

I deleted that from the model some years ago (after you correctly suggested it
as a remedy to another problem) and it hasn't resurfaced!

>  Could it be a driver version / Oracle version mismatch?

I think this is ok.

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay