On Jan 13, 2010, at 6:51 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
> Row size limit?  Oooh, tell me more!  ;-)

When I physicalize Oracle or MySQL I often imagine this hulking, idiosyncratic
Soviet-era metal contraption that in the hands of its builders will relocate
mountains but which I am forced to drive to pick up groceries.

But yes, you cannot define a combined row size of varbinary or varchar columns
greater than 65535. Your encoding and other column types all affect exactly
what your limits are.

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-restrictions.html>

tb