Hello,

I was just reading Johan Henselmans's thread entitled "validating deleting an
object with relationship", and it reminded me of a similar question I had
recently: is there a convenient way to ask EOF if a particular EO _would be_
deletable if I tried to delete it?

I have a component where I list some EOs, and I want to offer a "Delete"
hyperlink next to only those which would be deletable given the model's delete
rules.  Is the easiest way to do this to call validateForDelete() and see if it
throws a ValidationException?  I assume that would answer the question, it just
seems a bit clumsy.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/